Nearly 75% of South Africans pass away without a valid Will in place.
There are times when people draft or update their wills but they are deemed to be invalid by the courts and hence get rejected. This can be as disastrous as having no Will.
For a Will to be valid in South Africa it has to adhere to specific requirements:
- You must be over the age of 16 years
- The Will must be in writing
- You must sign each page of the Will
- The Will should be witnesses on each page by 2 competent, independent witnesses who are 14 years old or older.
- Witnesses cannot be beneficiaries or be mentioned in the Will.
Our mission is to help more South African’s get valid Wills in place.
Life can be unexpected! Take advantage of our free will service to have your Will drafted by a professional.